To explore volunteer opportunities, use the link to submit the online form or use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
- Men’s Group Volunteer (auto club, woodworking, hunting, fishing)
- Arts and Crafts (design your own or we can provide ideas)
- Storytelling – Read and discuss short stories with small groups or individuals
- Sharing a special interest
- Lead a Travel Time program – Share pictures, slides, stories about your travel
- Magic or Clowning Activities
- Music – sing-a-longs, we can provide music and printed words
- Special Parties – help set up and celebrate monthly birthday party, other seasonal celebrations
- Recipe Demonstration – Then enjoy snack together (we can provide ideas and supplies)
- Office Assistant (copies, phone calls, special projects, internet, research, filing, laminating, typing)
- Handy Man (small maintenance jobs)
- Garden/ Patio/ Plant Care (weeding, watering, trimming, etc.)
The items listed below are always needed. If you have questions, please use the form below to contact us or call.
- Birthday & Party Balloons, gift bags, tissue paper.
- Party Supplies (cups, plates, napkins, reusable decorations)
- BINGO Prizes (magnetic shopping lists, socks, small tissue packs, bandanas, handkerchiefs for men and women, sheet cover magnifier, hand or reading glasses, scarves, toothbrush, hairbrushes, combs, stationary, notepads, seek-n-find (large print)
- Activity supplies such as: large print seek-n-find books, large print joke books, adult coloring books, large crayons, glue sticks, poster board, glue sticks, water color sets, water color paper, colored pencils, and markers
- Laundry detergent, hand sanitizer, kitchen towels, dish clothes
- Exercise equipment – light weights (1-2 lbs)
- Gift Certificates (Wal-Mart, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby, Food Lion, Dollar Tree, Target)
- Monetary contributions to the HAC Financial Aid Fund which provides funding to participants to attend the center and who meet financial criteria and need assistance.
- Coffee Decaffeinated (auto-drip, course grind), Coffee Creamer, Sucralose Artificial Sweeteners
- Sugar Free or Low Sugar Snack Foods – Juice (sugar free), Chocolate Syrup (sugar free), sugar free mini muffins, “lite” or sugar free yogurt, dry, low-sugar cereal, low sodium cheese cubes, sugar free or no sugar added fruit, peanut butter, and sugar free or no sugar added applesauce and fruit cups.
*Please do not send lotions, sprays, perfume, edible items, mints, candies, etc.
(This request is for the safety of all participants; please ask staff for clarification if needed.)